Simply Marvellous!

By Betty Blum - settembre 27, 2018


Hi everybody! How’s life? Brrrr.. It turns colder outside! I’ve already taken out my winter duvet and I know that somebody out there is going to sleep with granny pyjamas and socks! Of course not me!.. (innocent eyes) 
Well, fall has officially arrived, but don’t be sad! Just think about pumpkin spice tea, salted caramel muffins and a lot of new tv series episodes!! Do you feel better now? 
Few days ago, while watching the Emmy Awards on tv, I discovered a very pretty series! Even if I’m a Netflix-addicted, I begged my brother to give me his Amazon Prime password and “bang”! I become a “Marvellous Mrs. Maisel”-obsessed! And it’s not the golden statuette that convinced me, but certainly Sherman-Palladino’s exhilarating script (I adored Gilmore’s fast-talking) and all the sweetness of the 1950s in its set… What a dream era! Pastel matches and bright smiles of housewives in revenge! Midge is bold, brilliant and as perfect as Mary Poppins! The melody “On a wonderful day like today, I defy any clouds to appear in the sky..” sounds me like “Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down in a most delightful way” and its the perfect motivational soundtrack while ironing! And what about her Jacques Fath and Hepburn inspired wardrobe, like her long Saks coat perfectly matched with always pink bon ton accessories! And everything seems romantically tidy and fixed in her house: design and timeless objects, vintage rolls also in the bathroom, tiny pleasures like pink cocktails and pastries for the guests, and the brisket in the oven that she's cooking to get a better slot for her husband.. Yep, she has the power to convince everybody with her manners! No matter if her husband is leaving her destroying all her life plans. She always finds the right way to stand up again and fix everything. She's definitely marvellous! Watch it and you'll love her! 
So, my mountain of clothes is watching me and I can’t wait to see the next episodes!! Today’s mantra is “Tits up and keep ironing!” :)))

Oh, I draw five of my favourite Midge’s stuff… and what about yours?

PS.: Stay tuned, I promise I'll publish more for the next days!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 commenti